Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Mouse in the House

Not in the house but in the car, a traveller's worst nightmare. He might already be gone, but I'm conducting a seige in any case.


I picked him up on the mouse-riddled Eyre Peninsula, this much is certain. The other day I thought my snickers bar looked awfully mouse nibbled. I discarded it, it was too uncanny. I thought it was only my mind playing Mr Paranoid, the Germans had only just been telling me of a fellow traveller's campervan mice. Most of my food was in plastic boxes, all except the bag of food goodies I got as a gift, but from now on all will be in the plastic boxes. Damn freeloader.

When I leave my car for seven days to do the Cape to Cape I will set some mouse traps. That could be gross though in the hot sun. Mmm. Not sure what to do now.

2 comments:

tim vb said...

Oh noes! I know the bag of goodies of which you speak! Damn freeloader! Strange problem.

Cool that you got out to Shelley Beach. Cool too that you seem to have seen some sun there. But we saw whales.

You're like the guy in 'The gods must be crazy' tracking the animal that makes the strange tracks. Make sure you check out Gloucester Tree... I know how you love high things...

Timbo.

Brad said...

Hey J,

Read your blogs offline yesterday - Cool places, cool people, cool photos. A rodent problem is a small price to pay.

B&M

Post a Comment