Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Farewell, and Hello

I'm sitting here watching the sun play over the surface of Uluru. A fitting end to my four month trip around WA and NT. Now I head south, back to Adelaide and home.

Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park, NT




I've driven just over 20,000km, spending $4,500 on petrol. More importantly, I've walked over 600km on a dozen or more trails, spending five weeks - over a quarter of my holiday - on walking trails. I've been to many special places and met some cool people. Maybe I've learnt a thing or two as well. Australia is much vaster than I imagined, it is full of life, there doesn't seem to be any emptiness out there.

Thanks for all your comments and emails along the way, I'm glad you've enjoyed reading my blog as much as I have writing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we will be doing parmmys at the Arms?

Call us.

Better find some where for you to sleep ; )

Kate Bom

Jiberdy James said...

Its been wonderful to follow you along the way. Hopefully I will get to do something similar in the near future and I can chase you down for tips.

Stay safe mate.

Post a Comment